Nowadays most of the models of workstations of Dell are around the same size of normal desktops and those offer high quality designs without sacrificing your power and performance. Check out 5 best Dell Workstation desktop models 2020 and buyer’s guide.
Some of them are similar to All-in-One PCs that offer great performance and don’t occupy too much space.
A good work station can handle any application that the user wants to run in it and they are very useful tools for designers, engineers, financial analyses, and researchers, who needs to run more specific applications like rendering complex graphics, financial analysis and digital content.
Various types of workstations of Dell are available in the market; for which it has become a very difficult task for casual user to choose the perfect and specific workstation model according to his requirements and budget.
In this article we will talk about 5 best Dell Workstation desktops. Check out Best Dell Desktop Computers for Small Business.
5 Best Dell Workstation Desktop Models 2020:
1. Dell Precision 3630 Desktop Workstation
One can get ultimate power with Dell Precision without sacrificing his budget as this device is available in an affordable price range.
With its new compact industrial designs and Dell reliable memory technology, it elevates your ideas with professional performance.
This device comes with 3.2 GHz processor speed which makes faster processing and it is equipped with Intel Core i7 processor which is built with hexa-core.
It comes with DDR4 RAM which has 16 GB memory capacity. There has 4 USB 2.0 Ports and 1 USB 3.0 Port in it.
The hard disk capacity of this product is 256 GB. This is not an ordinary hard disk it support flash drive facility with removable feature that provides a great speed when transferring data and it also saves time.
This Workstation has 6 processor count facility and an integrated Intel UHD graphics processor of 630 is present on it.
The net weight of this product is 20.63 lbs and a 0.01 screen is fitted on it. Windows 10 Professional operating system is supported in this product.
It is suitable with its specifications and the hard disk has Serial ATA interface for data transferring. An optical drive is also present in it which can be used for both CD and DVD inserting purposes.
This device is available in Glossy Black colour only.
- Storage: 256 GB Flash HDD.
- RAM: 16 GB.
- Processor: Intel Core i7 with Hexa Core.
- OS: Windows 10 Professional.
- Ultra High quality graphics is present in it.
- Its processing speed and data transfer speed both are faster.
- Several USB ports are available for multi purpose usages.
- Larger quantity of data can not be stored in this product.
- It is not compatible with older OS like Windows XP.
- This product is available in only one colour.
2. Dell Precision 3430 Workstation
This model of Dell has Industrial small form factor Design which is Ideal for space-constrained work spaces and it provides high quality performance with reliability.
It is able to handle demanding tasks with a range of features designed for an efficient workflow. This product has a 3.5 mm earphone plug in port.
It comes with 64-bit Windows 10 Professional OS. 4 USB 2.0 ports and 5 USB 3.0 port are available in this device at the front and back side additionally this product has a USB 3.1 port, Type C.
An optical drive is attached in this product with a LED indicator. 2.5 inch SATA hard disk drive of 1TB capacity with a revolution of 7200 rpm is present in it and the feature can be extended by additional 2.5 inch Class 20 SATA Solid State Drive with a capacity of 256GB.
With high quality Intel Core i7-8th generation processor, this device makes faster processing and its hexa-core processor has 12MB Cache memory.
The speed of the processor is 3.20GHz which is same like others but it has great amount of cache memory.
An Integrated Intel Turbo W/ HD Graphics 630 Video Card is present on it that provides additional 4.6 GHz processing speed.
This device is available in black color and the net weight of this device is 14.4 pound. A 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM is present in this workstation.
- Storage: 1TB Hard disk and 256GB Flash Drive
- RAM: 16GB
- Processor: Intel Core i7 with Hexa Core
- OS: Windows 10 Professional
- This product has huge amount of storage.
- Many USB ports are available in it.
- High amount of cache memory is used in it.
- This product has one processor count.
- Back side of this device has several hole from which insect can go inside the cabinet.
- It is available in only one color.
3. Dell Precision T7920 Tower Workstation
The optimized Dell Precision T7920 has a compact design that conveniently fits into your workspace, adapts to your work style and maximizes your desktop environment.
This product has a 3.5mm earphone plug-in port with separate 3.5 mm microphone port. Windows 10 Professional OS is compatible with this machine to get perfect performance.
4 USB 2.0 font ports and 6 USB 3.0 back side port are available in this product. The USB 3.0 ports support Smart Power On facility and an optical drive is attached in this product with a LED indicator.
3.5 inch SATA hard disk drive with 1TB capacity of storage which has a revolution of 7200 rpm is present in it and additional NVMe PCIe Solid State Drive with a capacity of 1TB is present in it.
With high quality 2 x Intel Xeon Silver processor that has Up to 3.0GHz processing power, this device makes faster processing and its Deca-core has 13.75 MB Cache memory.
An Integrated NVIDIA Quadro P400 Graphics card is present in it that has 2GB capacity and high processing speed.
Processor count of this product is 8 and it is available in black color and the net weight of this device is 22.05 lbs.
There is 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC memory present in this workstation.
- Storage: 4TB Hard disk and 1TB Flash Drive.
- RAM: 64GB.
- Processor: Intel Xeon Silver Processor.
- OS: Windows 10 Professional
- Deca Core processor is available in it and it also has two Ethernet connectivity ports.
- Storage capacity is also good and the best in this range.
- Drive activity LED is present in it.
- Speed of the processor is up to 3.0 GHz.
- The outfit of this product is not stylist and it consumes more space.
- No USB 3.0 port is present in the font side of the product.
4. Dell Precision T7810 Tower Workstation
One can process applications more quickly with the new generation Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v4 processor series featuring up to 22 cores per processor.
This device comes with 2.40GHz processor which makes the processing faster and also it has Intel i217 Gigabit Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000 port with Optional Intel i210 10/100/1000 single port PCIe (x1) Gigabit network card, Intel X540-T2 10GbE dual port PCIe (x8) network card.
This device has capacity of Up to 256 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 ECC RDIMM memory with 8 DIMM slots (4 per processor).
Ubuntu, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Professional several old and new operating systems are compatible with this device.
There are several types of storage capacity options such as 4.0 TB SATA 7200 RPM, 1.2TB SAS 10K RPM, 600GB SAS 15K RPM, 512GB SATA SSD, 400GB SAS SSD and 700GB/1.4TB PCIe SSD Micron P420m are supported with Intel AHCI 6Gb/s SATA controller that has six ports with 6 GB/s where two reserved for optical drives.
27.3 pound is the actual weight of this product. Black is the only color, in which the product is available.
Separate 3.5mm mic and speaker port are also attached with it. 4 font USB 2.0 ports and 2 PS2 ports are present in it.
- Storage: Several capacity of Storage with Controller.
- RAM: Support up to 256GB.
- Processor: Intel Xeon Processor.
- OS: Windows 10 Professional
- Older OS are compatible with it and the user can get smooth performance.
- Storage Capacity of this device is best in the class.
- 2 Ethernet ports are available.
- Processor processing speed is comparatively low.
- USB 3.0 port is not available in this product.
- Price of it is a little bit high.
5. Dell Precision T5820 Workstation
The users of this product can focus on their tasks with this workstation that’s quieter than ever.
The new multi channel thermal design delivers advanced cooling and acoustics, or upgrade to an optional CPU liquid cooling solution, for enhanced cooling and quiet operation when system is under heavy workloads.
This device has RDIMM ECC memory capacity up to 32GB of 2666MHz frequency. Intel Xeon W-2133 processor is used in it and it has 6 Core that delivers 3.60 GHz frequency.
An amount of 8.25 MB Cache memory is installed in this device with 140 W. NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5GB GDDR5 graphics card is attached with its processor that process at high framing rate and delivers smooth UHD video.
This product is equipped with 1TB NVMe PCIe Solid State Drive and 2 TB 3.5 inch 7200 RPM SATA Hard Disk Drive that can store large amount of data and fastened data processing. PCIE x 8 hard disk interface is used in it and there are 6 processor counts.
Total weight of this product is 35 pounds. Windows 10 Pro is the compatible OS of this product. 2 USB 3.0 font port and 6 USB 3.0 back side port are also attached with it.
A 3.5 mm front head phone port is also available in this device with 2 USB 3.1 port.
- Storage: 2TB Hard disk and 1TB Flash Drive
- RAM: 32GB
- Processor: Intel Xeon Silver Processor
- OS: Windows 10 Professional
- Several USB 3.0 port are available and there is also USB 3.1 port.
- Storage capacity is also good and best in this range.
- Font head phone port is available in this workstation.
- No USB 2.0 port is available.
- Only 1 Ethernet port is present in it.
- This product is available in one color only.
Buyer’s Guide for Best Dell Workstation Desktop
Workstations are very common in the technical field especially to the engineers, designers, scientists and researchers.
Workstations helps them to perform a specific work faster and accurately that are normal PC can’t. It is very important to choose the perfect dell workstation desktop models, according to the user’s need and budget.
It is very important to spend the user’s money in the right areas else it will be a big mistake.
Choosing the right specification is very important. In this article we will cover everything in that a casual user should know before buying Best dell workstation desktop.
Performance is the most important thing that a buyer should consider before buying a workstation desktop of Dell.
Not a single workstation user can say that his system was too fast from the beginning; to make one’s system fast the user has to spend some additional money to increase the performance of the system according to his needs.
In this aspect we have to consider some units of the system.
A workstation user always wants a system with high frequency. This aspect is very good for general species and modelling performance as most of the operations are single threaded; as they use only one core of a CPU.
Multi threaded operation can use multiple cores of CPU. If, the user doubles the number of the cores that will help him to render processing times.
Processors of Intel are very common in the market of workstations. Core i7 and quad core Xeon E3 are mainly used for entry level CAD.
For mid range CAD and rendering, we choose Xeon W series. Intel core i9 offers lots of course at a high frequency.
As we all know processor is the heart of a system, so the user has to be very selective and choose wisely his processor.
Graphics processing unit (GPU)
GPU are very common in every 3D workstation. Some GPU makes a system compatible to work with professional 3D apps.
Some optimize GPU of high quality can take over some load from the central processing unit and makes the processing time faster.
One has to remember that a good GPU is very expensive but there are very useful to accomplish your high graphical works.
In recent times SSD has occupied the market of storage and take offers a great standard of performance.
SSD has no moving element in it. It reduces the chances of physical failures of the hard disk.
Processing speed of SSD is faster than normal HDD. But major drawback of SSD is that they are very costly.
It provides less space than normal HDD. But a SSD has more durability than the normal HDD.
As workstations are used at important places it is advised to always go for SSD.
The capacity of the storage is completely depends upon the user’s choice and requirements.
A user always wants to have enough RAM memory; so that his system never gets lagged or gets slow down.
The requirements of memory will always changes over the times.
With this respect it is a good decision to buy a workstation with spare DIMM slots, for easily upgrade the system. ECC RAM memory can protect against fatal crashes which is very useful for lengthy calculations.
It is advised to go with ECC RAM rather than normal RAM.
Most of the workstation of Dell comes with Windows 10 Pro operating systems.
However the user can change the operating system according to his needs and the numbers of CPU cores.
Most of the workstation desktop of Dell comes with 3 years warranty.
The warranty is not only for protecting the users investment but also it provides minimal hassle as possible if the product creates problem.
It is very important to go through the terms and conditions of the warranty before buying a workstation of Dell.
Dell Workstation Desktop FAQ:
What is a Dell workstation?
Dell workstation is a high performance computer system that is designed for the user’s specific purpose and has advanced graphics capability with large storage capacity and it has a powerful microprocessor and CPU. Dell workstation is more capable than ordinary personal computers (PC), but is less at performance than a mid range computers. Dell workstations are not too much advance to manage a large network of peripheral PCs or to handle a large amount of data. Dell workstations come with advanced technology than a normal Dell PC; those workstations have more capabilities than PCs.
What is a workstation PC?
Workstation PC is a special computer mainly designed for scientific and technical applications. A workstation PC intends to be used by a particular person at a time, but there are many PCs with several independent users, who are commonly connected to a local area network and they run multiuser operating system.
What elements does a PC need to be a workstation?
If anyone wants to transformers PC into a workstation, then, there have specific 5 features that have to be included in his system.
1. SSD: The abbreviation SSD stands for Solid State Drive. It was different than traditional hard disk drives. There is no moving part in an SSD; this feature reduces the chances of physical failure. They are faster than conventional hard-disks. The only drawback of SSD is that they are very costly, and provides less storage capacity than regular drives.
2. ECC RAM: Error Connecting Code memory makes a system more reliable. This type of RAM fixes memory errors before they effect the computer, they prevent crashes.
3. Optimised GPU: A display screen is always needed to any computers. If you have a higher in graphics processing unit means that you’re CPU will have to do less processing for providing visual outputs. A good GPU can take over some of the load from the CPU and makes the processing of the system faster. High-end GPU are very expensive.
4. Multiple processor cores: If the processor you are using in your system has more processor cores; it enables more processing abilities.
5. RAID: RAID uses multiple internal hard drives to store and process data. Different types of RAID systems are available in the market. The user can choose the perfect one, depending on the type of his system; he can get mirrored drivers meaning that if one driver fails the other will still in functional condition.
What is the best use of Dell workstation desktops?
The best uses of Dell workstation desktop are at technical and scientific fields. These types of desktops are very much suitable for Architectures, engineers and scientists; game lovers and various institution and hospitals can also used Dell workstation desktops. But, for each purpose, the user has to modify his system according to his need and requirements.