Dell Inspiron 3280 AIOUS 1+
Value for Money Score8.4/10
Specifications and Features Score8.4/10
- It provides decent performance.
- It is a compact and space-saving PC.
- The display quality is excellent.
- A private webcam is a necessity these days and such are provided in the product.
- It is a highly user-friendly device.
- Users would rather choose a different product in a similar price range.
- Repairs are costly.
- It has a limited scope of upgrades which is a disadvantage.
- The graphics coprocessor is a weak one.
- Not for high end games.
The Dell Inspiron 3280 is a part of the Inspiron 3000 series of computers from Dell. Check out Dell Inspiron 3280 AIO review and best price.
It has been designed to meet the demands of a user who wants a compact, light PC for his/her use at home or the office. The 22-inch touch screen display is concise yet large enough for you to see every detail without having to strain your eyes.
The 8th gen Intel i5 processor coupled with 8 GB of RAM works nicely without any lags and does not slow down when you run slightly heavier tasks than your usual ones.
The chipset is not for immense performance, but you may comfortably do light gaming, graphic rendering or video editing without any worries.
However, it is weak on the graphics side since an Intel UHD 620 graphics coprocessor is present which cannot handle much workload. Other than that, it is a PC for long term usage. Check out Best Dell Desktop Computers.
Dell Inspiron 3280 AIO & Variants Price
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Amazon.com.
- At amazon.com you can purchase 2019 Dell Inspiron 22 All-in-One AIO Desktop Computer 21.5" FHD IPS Touch Display Intel Core i3-8145U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, HDMI, Wireless-AC, Bluetooth, Wireless Keyboard&Mouse, Win10 for only $809.00
- The lowest price of 2019 Dell Inspiron 22 All-in-One AIO Desktop Computer 21.5" FHD IPS Touch Display Intel Core i3-8145U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, HDMI, Wireless-AC, Bluetooth, Wireless Keyboard&Mouse, Win10 was obtained on March 31, 2020 3:57 pm.
Dell Inspiron 3280 AIO Review by Expert
Buy For: The stable performance assured for a long period.
Beware Of: The limited upgradability of the product and a base level video card.
If you stick to doing basic and mid-range work, the Dell Inspiron 3280 is a very useful machine. There are other variants of this product with various RAM, processor and storage options as well in case you need options. Now it does have a slightly high price and most would rather invest in a different product which would be able to provide the same usefulness at a similar or lower price.
It is therefore entirely upon your personal preference whether you want to choose this product or look for another alternative, after considering the pros and cons related.
Design and Build
The design of the device is that of an AIO. In this, the main processing components are encapsulated in the screen unit itself, while the peripheral components are kept separate.
This eliminates the need for a separate CPU and thus saves space.
The 22” screen sits on a stand and you will find it stable. The build quality is decent. Check out Best Dell Inspiron PC for Home Use.
The chipset present in the device is an 8th generation Intel i5- 8265U. It is a popular mid-range processor, but you cannot expect it to deliver a high range of performance.
The base clock speed of the processor is 1.5 GHz and it can be turbo boosted up to 3.9 GHz when more performance is required.
The Intel UHD Graphics 620 is the GPU paired with the processor and provides as much performance as a base level video card should. The RAM by default is of 8 GB, but it can be upgraded to a max of 16 GB.
Although upgrades are troublesome since the memory is shared and there is no separate memory of the graphics coprocessor.
This means that if you want to upgrade the graphics, you will need a RAM upgrade as well which will be a costly affair.
The very user-friendly Windows 10 operating system is available in the device just out of the box.
Storage and RAM
For storage, you get a 1TB hard disk in this variant. There are other variants with other storage combinations that you may take a look at.
The RAM is of 8 GB but it can be upgraded to 16 GB if you need it. There is also a vacant memory slot.
You also get Intel Optane memory that allows the computer to run slightly faster. Check out best desktop brands.
Ports and Connectivity
There is a 3-in-1 card reader at the side of the display unit. At the back, you get 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports and only a single USB 2.0 port. An HDMI out port and a universal headphone jack are also present.
For internet connections, there is an RJ-45 Ethernet slot, and standard 802.11 ac Wifi and Bluetooth.
The PC has the Dell Cinema (CinemaColor, CinemaStream, and Cinemasound) technology which gives a vivid experience while watching videos and movies.
The inbuilt speakers are supported by Waves MaxxAudio Pro and work equally well.
Your privacy is safeguarded by the popup webcam which has an HD resolution which will ensure you are satisfied with your video calls.
- Brand: Dell
- Storage: 1 TB Hard disk
- RAM: 8 GB, can be upgraded to 16 GB
- Storage Type: Serial ATA
- RAM Type: DDR4
- Processor: 8th generation Intel i5-8265U Processor
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Processor Speed: Up to 3.9 GHz
- Processor Brand: Intel
- Product Dimensions: 12.97 * 19.60 * 1.63 inches
- Operating System: Windows 10
What Do Users Think about Dell Inspiron 3280 AIO?
The users who have bought this product are low in number since it was not a very popular one among the customers.
The major reason for this is its pricing which can be considered a bit high when its specs are considered.
But those who have bought it are satisfied with its performance.
They have used it for tasks like web browsing, video watching, etc and have found no problems in them.
But the graphics capacity has always been a concern for them. Check out Dell Inspiron 3280 Manual.