Dell Inspiron 3471 Small DesktopUS 1+
Value for Money Score8.6/10
Specifications and Features Score8.4/10
- The main attraction of the product is its small size.
- It comes at a budget-friendly price.
- It provides decent performance.
- The option of dual storage is an advantage.
- There are several USB ports for the user's convenience.
- Better products can be found in a similar price range.
- The upgradability of the product is limited which is a matter that cannot be ignored.
- The graphics coprocessor is a weak one.
- No monitor comes with the product and this adds an extra cost.
- There is no Type-C port which is a drawback.
The Dell Inspiron 3471 is one of the very compact computer devices available in the market. Check out Dell Inspiron 3471 small desktop review and best price
It is a sleek tower, enveloping all the important components. The 9th gen Intel i3 works perfectly in handling simple computing and you would not be disappointed when using it at home or office with other good quality accessories.
It has 12 GB of RAM pre-built in it, and the graphics memory is shared. The Intel UHD Graphics 630 although being an elementary graphics coprocessor performs well at handling whatever low-end task you can throw at it, making it an ideal partner for the processor.
Both a hard drive and an SSD make sure that you not only have a lot of space to save your files, but also fast boot ups. Check out Best Dell Desktop Computers.
Dell Inspiron 3471 Small Desktop & Variants Price
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Amazon.com, Newegg.
- At amazon.com you can purchase Newest Dell Inspiron 3471 Small Form Mini Desktop, 9th Gen Core i3-9100 3.60 GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB M.2. SATA SSD(Boot) + 1TB HDD, 802.11bgn + Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI, VGA, DVD-RW, Windows 10 for only $499.00, which is 21% less than the cost in Newegg ($629.00).
- The lowest price of Dell Inspiron 3471 Desktop Intel i3-9100 1TB HDD 4GB RAM was obtained on March 31, 2020 4:56 pm.
Dell Inspiron 3471 Small Desktop Review by Expert
Buy For: The space-saving design and decent performance provided by the PC.
Beware Of: A low-end graphics coprocessor and limited upgradability.
The Dell Inspiron 3471 Mini Desktop is a brilliant performer at a pocket-friendly price. It covers up all the necessary features that one needs for his/her day-to-day tasks. You also have alternative variants to choose from, depending upon your needs and wants.
Design and Build
The design of the product is a simple, sleek tower that comes in a black colored finish.
You get the Dell logo and above it is a DVD-RW optical drive. The power button is at the top and ports are present, both at the front and at the back.
The build quality is decent and one gets a glossy finish on the CPU body. Check out Best Dell Inspiron Desktops for Home Use.
Regarding performance, there cannot be any complaints since it has an i3 processor and those are only capable of doing basic tasks like web browsing, making mails, video watching and light gaming.
The quad-core 9th gen i3-9100 processor has a 6 MB cache with a frequency of 3.6 GHz and can be turbo boosted to 4.2 GHz.
The graphics memory is integrated and an Intel 630 UHD graphics coprocessor has been provided.
As said already, it is only capable of managing light graphics-oriented work. The RAM is of 12 GB.
Use it with a decent monitor and you would be able to play 4K content at 60 Hz.
Windows 10 comes already installed in it and so you get a user-friendly OS.
You will have no trouble as long as your needs are sated by these configurations, but when you require an upgrade the PC would not be as supportive.
Storage and RAM
The users get both a hard disk of 1 TB with a rotational speed of 7200 rpm and an SSD of 256 GB.
The SSD stores the system files and is responsible for the fast booting of the device and the HDD stores all other data.
The RAM by default is of 8 GB but can be increased up to 64 GB based on other system specifications.
The graphics memory is shared and thus it is borrowed from the RAM. Intel Optane memory is supported which makes the PC work slightly faster.
Ports and Connectivity
There is a 5-in-1 card reader at the front along with 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports, an optical drive, and a headphone jack.
At the back, there are 4 other USB 2.0 ports, in/out ports for audio, an HDMI out port, a VGA port and expansion card slots.
There is also an Ethernet port and Wifi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 for other connections. Check out best brands for desktop computers.
There is a grid design at the front and back for airflow. You also get a wired keyboard and mouse with the product, but no monitor.
The product supports Waves MaxxAudio Pro technology and one gets a 5.1 sound experience.
A warranty of 1 year has been provided by Dell on the hardware.
- Brand: Dell
- Storage: 1 TB Hard disk, and 256 SSD
- RAM: 8 GB, can be upgraded to 32 GB
- Storage Type: The HDD is of Serial ATA type, while the SSD is of M.2 type.
- RAM Type: DDR4
- Processor: 9th generation Intel i3-9100 Processor
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Processor Speed: 3.6 GHz, can be boosted to 4.2 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0
- Processor Brand: Intel
- Product Dimensions: 11.4 * 3.64 * 11.4 inches
- Operating System: Windows 10
What Do Users Think about Dell Inspiron 3471?
The users have loved the small form factor of the PC and its simple, precise design.
The price tag was affordable, but they would have preferred if it had been slightly lower.
They have used it for usual tasks at home or light office work and it has been able to successfully fulfill their needs.
However, a better video card would have been better for them. Check out Dell Inspiron 3471 Manual.
Other Expert Views
The experts at KICKOFF TECH after evaluating the user reactions have considered the product to be quite a handy one for home use. They favor it because of its small size and many USB ports. They have suggested the buyers choose the variant most favorable for them from the wide range of options available.