Dell Inspiron 3480 AIOUS 1+
Value for Money Score8.1/10
Specifications and Features Score8.0/10
- It is a lightweight and compact device
- It has a touch screen which is an advantage
- It provides decent performance
- A private webcam ensures the privacy of the user
- Good connectivity characteristics might be another reason for which you want to buy it
- It has a high price
- One may find other products in a lower price range with similar, and even better features
- Upgradability of the PC is limited, which may cause trouble in the future
- Repairs would be costly
- It is not always available for buying
It has the latest 8th gen Intel i5 processor which is a well-performing chipset. It should suffice for anything you do at home, from surfing the internet to watching videos and doing light editing on the various video and photo software.
The screen is of 23.8 inches and has touch sensors. With 8 GB of RAM which can be expanded to a maximum of 32 GB, you will not face any lags while doing your daily tasks.
With 1 TB of storage, you can store as many videos, music, pictures, and such other files as much as you want. It is lightweight and being an AIO it will save space than a usual PC. Check out Best Dell Desktop Computers.
Dell Inspiron 3480 AIO & Variants Price
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Walmart.
- At walmart.com you can purchase Dell Inspiron 3480 Flagship 24" FHD IPS LED-Backlit Touch-Screen All-in-One (AIO) Desktop, Intel Quad-Core i5-8265U 1.6GHz Upto 3.9GHz, 12GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, 802.11 AC, Webcam, HDMI, Windows 10, White for only $1,310.26
- The lowest price of Dell Inspiron 3480 Flagship 24" FHD IPS LED-Backlit Touch-Screen All-in-One (AIO) Desktop, Intel Quad-Core i5-8265U 1.6GHz Upto 3.9GHz, 12GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, 802.11 AC, Webcam, HDMI, Windows 10, White was obtained on April 19, 2021 2:00 am.
Dell Inspiron 3480 AIO Review by Expert
Buy For: Compact size and decent performance.
Beware Of: Its inability to compete with other products in the same price range. The graphics coprocessor is a weak one, and so would not support any games over the mid-range.
The Dell Inspiron 3480 is built to satisfy the requirements of those who need a light, space-saving PC with a touch screen to help you with your daily work at home or office. Now, if you are concerned with good graphics then there is some bad news for you since the device by default has just a basic video card. It is doubtful whether you would be able to upgrade to better graphics since both storage and upgradability are limited.
The price is affordable, but it cannot be called an entire value for money product. But if you choose this, you will get a long-lasting product if your needs do not exceed the usual day-to-day work.
Design and Build
The PC is built on an All-in-One design, that is the screen unit contains all the important processing components like the RAM, motherboard, etc while the peripheral components like the mouse, keyboard, etc are kept separate.
This makes sure that the computer can be kept anywhere be it a table or desk without much trouble with storage.
It has a touch screen display that sits on a stand and this makes it more convenient to operate and alter the viewing angle.
The various ports are kept at the back, thus the look of the display is never distorted. The build of the product is solid. Check out Best Budget Dell Inspiron PC.
The 8th generation Intel i5 processor is supported by 8 GB of RAM.
But the main drawback it has is the graphics coprocessor. The inbuilt Intel 620 graphics would hardly be enough for handling high graphics and therefore the performance of the PC lags. You get Windows 10 as the operating system out of the box.
The display performance, however, cannot be complained though. The LED 23.8” FHD (1920 * 1080) display gives a large viewing area and no matter whatever you play on it, the feel is always nice.
With features like Dell Cinema (Cinemacolor, Cinemasound, Cinemastream) watching movies and videos are always fun.
Storage and RAM
For storage, the machine has a 1 TB hard disk drive. This should be enough and you wouldn’t need more memory.
The RAM present is of 8 GB DDR4 type. It can be expanded up to a maximum of 32 GB if one has the need. Check out best desktops according to requirements.
Ports and Connectivity
There is a 3-in-1 card reader at the side. At the back, there is a USB 2.0 port, 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, an HDMI out and an Ethernet port.
A universal audio jack can also be found. Although, a few more USB 2.0 ports were necessary. Check out Best Desktop Configurations for Music Production.
Along with the Ethernet, you also get Bluetooth 5.0 and standard wireless Wifi features, making sure you have no worries about either connecting to the computer or connecting to the internet through the computer.
You get a Dell mouse and a keyboard on purchasing the product. Check out best brands for desktop computers.
A 720p webcam pops up when you need it to and works fine. Your privacy is also protected this way.
- Brand: Dell
- Storage: 1 TB Hard disk
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage Type: Serial ATA
- RAM Type: DDR4
- Processor: 8th generation Intel i5-8265U Processor
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Processor Speed: Base speed 1.6 GHz, can be boosted up to 3.9 GHz
- Processor Brand: Intel
- Product Dimensions: 26 * 9 * 21 inches
- Operating System: Windows 10
What Do Users Think about Dell Inspiron 3480 AIO?
The users have liked the overall design and cable management system of the product, especially the touch screen.
They have comfortably done their work on the computer and it has not failed them. Check out Dell Inspiron 3480 AIO Manual.
There have been a few lags and stutters, but other than that it has worked well. But the main problem they have found is the graphics.
A better graphics coprocessor was required, and some more scope to upgrade would have made it comfortable for them to use it for a long time.