eComputerTips is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small commission without any additional cost to you.
Once you have chosen the right desktop PC and purchased all the essential parts for a typical desktop computer in no time, you will definitely fall into deep thinking on how to bring them together. Let us take a look at How to couple a desktop PC today.
You may consider the task quite challenging, but it is actually not the same at all. Check out Best Desktop Configurations for Music Production.
A simple, step-by-step guidance can direct as well as motivate you in making such impossible absolutely possible on your own.
Here are the components you need to put together before you conclude to couple a desktop PC. Check out Best Gaming Desktop Configurations.
I know that some of you computer geeks really take interest in assembling a computer by your own hands.
For your utter astonishment, I will say that the job is much easier than you often think to couple a computer.
It is truly exciting since it adds to the sphere of your learning. This sense has aroused my desire to present a blog on this helpful discussion.
It is a little effort to lead you to fastest and safest assembling of desktop.
The best way to couple a PC is to use the right component to give you the best in performance. Here I will show you some tips on how to go about coupling a desktop PC.
Casing (either AT, ATX or SATA)
Nowadays most casing comes as SATA compatibles i.e. power pack plug.
A Complete Motherboard
As we know motherboard is the foundation of every desktop PC. The expand ability and upgrade ability of your computer rely on the ultimate choice of motherboard.
When it comes to processor, you go for either an AMD CPU or an Intel CPU. It is never possible to install an AMD CPU on Intel platform or the other way round.
As far as expanding & upgrading are concerned, a motherboard can include a PCI slot to install a video card in future, if you choose to add integrated graphics at present. Read more about 10 best business desktop computers.
DDR or SDRAM
These days most chips are DDR chips but it could be DDR1 or DDR2 the best for your motherboard depends on its compatibility.
DVD / CD Drive
Don’t worry just choose which you like the only difference between the two is that DVD can read DVD’s or even write if it’s a writable drive.
But for the CD only can read CDs not DVD this time but however, you should not trouble your head too much because your PC configurations and you pocket can also decide which is best for you.
The Hard Drive
This is the hard disk you use to keep information on your system, there are different sizes of these drives, but you should choose based on the purpose you to couple.
Keyboard And Mouse
The major key role maker of your system, there lot and lots of keyboard and mouse even wireless connected keyboards.
This is the visual display of your system without which you cannot see any process going on your system.
Choose a monitor along with latest features based on your absolute purpose. If you are a graphics expert or multimedia professional, you should assemble a large LED display with higher resolution.
PC Assembling Procedure Shown with Video
2) Ensure that you check the power rating switch on the casing is set to the proper power rating of your country or area to avoid explosion of the motherboard after coupling, e.g. if your area power rating is 220 volts and the switch on the casing is set to 110 volts make sure you change it to the right point before you switch on the PC, except if there is no switch on the casing, in these kind of issue all you need to do is get a step-up / step-down transformer to do the magic for you.
3) Check your motherboard pack for the user’s manual to see all instruction guiding the assembling of your motherboard as in knowing the correct slot to fix the ram and other things like the data cables etc.
4) Fix all necessary things like the Ram chips, Data cables, processor & processor fan into the motherboard before placing into the casing.
5) Fix the hard drive, the DVD/CD drive into the right compartment and screw all accordingly. Hard drive is meant for storing all your data & files as well. You should find the 3.5″ drive bay to add the drive in as the hard drive appears 3.5″ wide.
6) Install optical drive in the correct drive bay as it is 5.25 inch wide. Slide the optical drive in the drive bay to line up the positions of screw holes, making the orientation successfully. Install al the screws one by one to set the drive correctly.
7) After you might have arrange all the component into the casing, screw up the casing and connect the keyboard and mouse with the monitor to their individual connector found at the back of the system casing.
That’s All With Couple A Desktop PC
Hope these serve your need. Now the computer is completely ready to get switched on and loaded with necessary software.
After all the components being successfully installed, you might feel a sense of achievement; achievement of implementing the overall technical job with seamless hands.
If you are still facing problems while starting the computer, you should check the mounting & connections of all components, ensuring that you have attached everything properly in place.
At the same time, having the knowledge of assembling different parts into a whole can reduce your worries to a great extent, if any trouble arises and you can temporarily take some initiative to resolve the issues.
Moreover, you might not avail an engineer or service man at times when you urgently need them in this regard.
It is always blissful to have sincere knowledge about the details & function of computer peripherals and how to couple the PC meticulously as well.