Asus PN60 Mini Business DesktopUS 1+
Value for Money Score8.4/10
Specifications and Features Score8.5/10
- Highly compact size of the PC.
- Ample Storage and RAM by default.
- Enough ports present which makes connecting to and from it convenient.
- It is very lightweight.
- Good setup for connectivity.
- The limited scope of upgrading it.
- Better alternatives are available compared to this.
- Fewer security features.
- No card reader is available which could be a problem.
- Heating issues.
Various companies have been making Mini PCs in huge varieties since the last decade because of the functionality they bring in such a small size. Check out Asus PN60 mini business desktop review and best offer price.
Asus is a reputed company that is also holding its position in the race by making mini-PCs like the one we are talking about. The PN60 is a similar, small-sized yet performance-packed mini PC that we have reviewed.
As you scroll down, you will find many reasons to buy it, while also a few why you should consider some alternatives as well. The one we see here has an i3 processor, 16 gigs of RAM and a 2 TB hard drive for storage.
Asus PN60 Mini Business Desktop & Variants Price
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Amazon.com.
- At amazon.com you can purchase ASUS PN60 Business Mini Desktop - 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U up to 3.40 GHz Processor, 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz Memory, 1TB SATA Hard Drive, Intel UHD Graphics 620, Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) for only $579.99
- The lowest price of ASUS PN60 Business Mini Desktop - 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U up to 3.40 GHz Processor, 32GB DDR4 2400 MHz Memory, 4TB Solid State Drive, Intel UHD Graphics 620, Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) was obtained on April 20, 2021 4:05 am.
Asus PN60 Mini Business Desktop Review by Expert
Buy For: Small size│ Solid Design
Beware Of: Absence of certain necessary features
The Asus PN60 is truly an effective machine for business-oriented purposes but it isn’t free of shortcomings. It does pack a wide range of performance and unless you wouldn’t need a whole lot of graphics, it is a good purchase. You must take note of the good and bad sides of the device before deciding to buy it.
Design and Build
The design of this mini PC is a simple one, with nothing major to catch one’s attention. Check out Best Desktop Computers for Accounting.
The elongated power button sits in a corner at the front, and below is a few ports. A geometrical design can be seen at the sides.
The device is lightweight but is build of sturdy material. Therefore, it doesn’t feel fragile when one holds it.
The one you see here has a dual-core i3-8130U chipset. It comes with a base frequency of 2.2 GHz that has a boost limit of 3.4 GHz.
This is a decent one to handle all your daily work at the office or at home. But it is restricted to that because of the obvious technicalities.
But you should be comfortable doing anything from running mid-range applications, watching movies even at 4K, surfing around the web and social media, etc.
The graphics capacity that is found in Mini PCs like this one is slightly weaker.
The video card present in it is the Intel UHD 620 which should be able to support the above-mentioned tasks, but run anything above these and you will see signs of struggle.
Storage and RAM
The storage present in it is of 2 TB in the hard disk.
There is a 2.5″ hard disk slot and another M.2 SSD storage space that supports up to 256 GB of storage.
Adding an SSD would mean slightly faster operations, but only in some aspects.
The RAM you get in this particular variation is of 16 GB. Check out top 10 desktop brands.
It is enough, but even if you need more, the option is available to expand the RAM to a max of 32 GB.
Ports and Connectivity
The ports for the various connections are distributed at the front and the back.
But before telling what those are, we must mention that there isn’t any card reader or DVD reader present in it.
Now at the front, we see a USB 2.0, USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB Type-C ports each and an audio jack.
There is also a configurable port that can be used as another video port (COM, HDMI, VGA or DVI).
The ports do suffice, but a few more USB 2.0 and video ports would have been better.
The device comes with an optional mouse and keyboard pack, whether wired or wireless is entirely for you, being a buyer, to decide.
A VESA mount kit also comes with so that you may attach it on a wall, or maybe behind your monitor to give a clean look to your desk, and of course saving space at the same time.
- Brand: Asus
- Storage: 2 TB of HDD
- RAM: 16 GB
- Storage Type: Serial-ATA
- RAM Type: DDR4
- Processor: Intel Core i3-8130U
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620
- Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz, can be turbo boosted to 3.4 GHz
- Processor Brand: Intel
- Product Dimensions: 4.5 * 4.5 * 1.9 inches
- Operating System: Windows 10
What Do Users Think about Asus PN60 Mini PC?
The users were mostly satisfied by the service that this Mini PC provides.
Those who weren’t happy with the hard drive performance added an SSD and the problem was solved.
However, the majority of them have encountered heating issues and some noise. Check out Asus PN60 Manual.
But given its small size, those are somewhat justified. They favored it because of its lightweight especially.
Other Expert Views
Asus PB60 business mini PC review - TechRadar IndiaFebruary 4, 2019 - techradar.com
Asus PB60 business mini PC review TechRadar India...